Two Saturdays ago (Feb 14), they decided to have their cherry jubilee ala mode (that is, topped with ice-cream).
So off they went to a Cheers Store and bought a tub of Haagen-Dazs macademia nut ice-cream.
Imagine their disappointment when they arrived home, all eager to enjoy their dessert, but ended up discovering that the product was unfit for human consumption.
|Haagen-Dazs...icicles not ice-cream|
"It was quite obvious that the tub of ice-cream that we bought had melted and was put back in the freezer. It should have been discarded," a member of the Lims said.
The irony of it all was that it was sold in a shop in the Tan Tock Seng Hospital. I guess the health-conscious environment didn't help.
|Cheers? Nothing to cheer about|