Pages

Monday, March 21, 2011

Anne fires another Canon at Challenger

Here's a new development to the story of Anne Wong's complaint about the "misleading" Challenger's ad in the mainstream media (see earlier post, The Truth in Challenger's Ad), and she has written to inform Case about what she discovered yesterday when she was in Best Denki.

She told Ms Aringi Ng, an officer of Case who is looking into the matter: "I was at Best Denki in Takashimaya/Ngee Ann City yesterday (Sunday, March 20, 2011) on my way to meet my family for lunch and checked on all-in-one printers there.

"The Canon MX876 all-in-one advertised as $399 at the IT Show was selling at Best Denki for $459.

"When I went to Challenger on Friday, March 11, the price quoted to me by the salesman was $499 (the SAME price that the MX876 had been selling for at Challenger - and other stores - for the past few weeks even before the IT Show).

"Thus salt was added to the wound!"

Ms Ng has promised to bring the issue before the Case council. Meanwhile, I have also given the feedback to the Challenger management but so far have not received any acknowledgment.

Guess we will just have to wait....

No comments: