Pages

Monday, October 1, 2012

No fun at Fun's Florist

It's no fun doing business with Fun's Florist in Thomson Road. And I am not talking about flowers but garden sheds which it probably has a monopoly.

Last week, I enquired about a replacement part -- a tiny plastic door roller -- for my garden shed which has cracked and broken into pieces.

The woman who answered the phone said that they are not sold individually but in a packet of four. She asked whether I wanted it to be fixed by their workers but I said I would do it myself.

Then I asked for the price -- and got a shock. She said the price for the four tiny plastic rollers was $45.

I was tempted to ask her whether the rollers had gold linings but I controlled myself.

It was obviously a case of "take it or leave it because I've got you by the balls". (sorry, couldn't resist it).

This is yet another case of retailers in Singapore who overcharge for parts which they know you have no choice but to buy from them.

Readers, do let me know if you have such an experience. We consumers need to expose such unhealthy business practices.

Wonder what Case has to say about this!!! I will ask them.

1 comment:

Shionge said...

Hiya PY, sorry been out of blogshere for a while, hope you are fine and well :)

Hmmm.....it seems like they are not interested to do your business. Are you able to post a picture and show the parts to me? Perhaps I can get my in-house office contractor to check to see if they are able to get it from the hardware store :)