Pages

Thursday, August 2, 2012

Psst...this is not a Singtel email

A week ago, I posted a story about my friend Lulin's unhappiness with Singnet when she tried to give some feedback to the service provider. She was asked so many questions, including personal ones, that she finally gave up.

I alerted Singtel to my post and yesterday, received an email reply that I thought was so strange.  The writer said the email was not from Singtel but he ended the message with his name, designation and company's name.

His email was to thank me for giving him the feedback and to advise customers on how to guard against online dangers. 

This is his message:

"I refer to your email of 26 July 2012. 

Thank you for your feedback. Please be informed that this email is NOT from SingTel and we recommend that customers do not click on the links or volunteer any information. To safeguard your interests, we recommend that customers ignore emails from unfamiliar sources and exercise caution when providing personal details online and in competitions, lucky draws, surveys and feedback forms. For more information about phishing, please visit http://www.singnet.com.sg/help/phishing.asp    

Please do not hesitate to contact me at +65 6838 4367 (DID), or email feedback@singtel.com if you require further clarification on the content of the above correspondence. I will be glad to help you.  


Yours sincerely    

Dhan Guines (Mr)
Customer Relationship Executive
Customer Management, Consumer Operations
for and on behalf of:
Singapore Telecommunications Limited"

No comments: