Pages

Monday, May 10, 2010

Panasonic sucks, says Irene

My friend Irene Hoe is no longer a fan of Panasonic. And she has good reason to be so. She once bought four of its cameras in a row because she believes the company produces technically good cameras.

But she says her latest experience with the service provided by its personnel sucks. So she has vowed that she will tell her friends to avoid Panasonic products in future.

Here's her open letter to the company:

"Dear Panasonic,

It's been a few weeks since I handed over my Lumix camera to your service centre.

Since then, I have received one phone call from one of your service personnel. The person who called made it plain that replacing the LCD was going to cost a lot of money and take a long time.

He said:"You want to replace? Seven, eight many weeks to get the parts."
The unspoken but obvious message of the caller was that I should junk my 16-month-old camera and buy a new one.

I wanted a better idea of the time frame.I didn't get it.

A week later I called to find out just how long the replacement would take. The person who answered said that she would check and get back to me.

She hasn't. And you know what?

I don't think she ever meant to, although your service centre asked for my email address and my mobile phone number when I brought in my faulty Lumix.

Because I was travelling, I went out and bought another camera. I can assure you that it WASN'T a Lumix.

As cameras go, yours have done a good job, technically speaking. So I had bought four in a row, two of them as gifts.

But your service attitude truly sucks.

So does your absurd practice of making every battery and charger for each model different. I can only think that this is to ensure that they can't be interchanged between cameras.

So I am making you a solemn promise now. I shall be sharing my experience with all my friends and relatives. And I shall most certainly advise them all not to buy any Panasonic product in future.

Irene Hoe"

I am sure she has no hesitation in handing Panasonic a BOO-QUET.

***LATEST --- Panasonic has replied to the feedback. Irene got her camera back the same day the posting was made. Here is the reply:

Dear Sir/Madam

Thank you for your email and feedback.

Panasonic Singapore values all feedback from customers and take all efforts to improve our service level to a higher level of satisfaction.

From our system, I noticed that Ms Irene Hoe's camera has been collected on 10th May 2010, at 12.15pm.

Should you have any other enquiries, please do not hesitate to contact us at 6222 7222

Warmest Regards

Janice Tan Customer Service Panasonic Singapore

1 comment:

Shionge said...

Many companies focused too much on marketing & advertising strategies but they failed to realise that after-sale service is the best strategy of all :)

With good after-sale service, companies can always ensure that there will be repeated customers as well as good referrant too :D