Pages

Friday, January 22, 2010

Impatience rules at M1 and Nokia

My friend Su is so angry with M1 and Nokia. She sent me this email today (Jan 22):

"Bought N97mini, one of the newest phones in the market.

Tried to sync my phone on Ovi which is Nokia's website for apps/backup/sync etc. Followed instructions exactly from the website but i didn't receive any sms as the website said i would in order to configure my phone for syncing. So i call M1.

The hotline woman was impatient and unhelpful and she raised her voice at me when i asked questions. Then she transfers me to their technical staff, who says call the Nokia Careline, which i did.

I get someone who has a strong foreign accent, so i have to ask her to repeat herself several times, and each time she shows her impatience by raising her voice. And instead of telling me how to configure Ovi, she tells me to download PC Suite instead, which i do following her instructions.

Then i ask about Ovi, and she essentially tells me just use PC Suite, with no good explanation of why i can't use Ovi.

And i've been "backing up" my stuff for the last hour and it is still stuck at 16%.

I'm moving to Singtel and buying an iPhone"

I told Su that I will email her complaint to M1 and Nokia.

**** LATEST: Nokia replied today (Jan 23):

"We sincerely apologise for the inconvenience caused. Please allow us to assure you that your experience in this instance is not typical of Nokia's level of customer service. We continue to be committed to providing you and all of our customers with the highest standards of service in the industry.
"We value all constructive feedback that we receive. While we can appreciate the dismay expressed in your correspondence, we can assure you that Nokia prioritize and understand the support required by our customers. The comments you have made will not go unnoticed and we will strive to ensure that every effort is made to assure our customers of the level of commitment available. Rest assured that your feedback will be highlighted on to the relevant department and look into this matter."

Will just have to wait until the next time to see whether it can maintain
its "highest standards of service in the industry".

No comments: