Pages

Tuesday, January 12, 2010

FCUK: A run for my money


I bought a FCUK shirt in Bangkok over the New Year holiday, brought it back to Singapore, had my maid rinsed and dried it, and, sadly, discovered that the colour had run !!!



It was unbelievable! It was also the first time that I had a shirt ruined because of a colour run. And to think that FCUK is a well-known brand.



I hope the Brits will not say it's the French fault. After all, FCUK stands for French Connection United Kingdom, and not a mis-spelling of THAT infamous four-letter word.



What should I do with the shirt that is now hanging forlornly in the cupboard? I called a FCUK retailer here, hoping it could offer some help to have the wretched shirt exchanged.




No such luck. It will only do so for products purchased here and has nothing to do whatsoever with the Bangkok retailer which, incidentally, is in Central Chidlom, a large shopping mall.



As a last resort, I googled and got to both the French Connection head office in London and the one in Bangkok where I made my complaint.



With fingers crossed, I await their response.















4 comments:

eStee said...

let us know how it went.. to be honest, I'd be real surprise if you manage to get a new one. Keeping fingers crossed for u!

PERN YEW said...

I am not optimistic. Just want to test it out to see how they do their PR. Also, to sound a warning to those who are buying FCUK products. Will keep you informed on outcome.

eStee said...

ok keep us informed for sure. FCUK shirts aren't cheap, so it's worth a shot.

PERN YEW said...

Hooray, the Thai FCUK agent has replied to my complaint. The good news is that it is willing to replace my ruined shirt with a new one.
Moral of the story: It pays to be persistent.
Here's the letter from the agent:

Dear Sir,

Thank you very much for your message.

Please accept our apologies for this matter. We understand how disappointing it can be when your expectation is not met.

Could you please help to look at the seam line at the bottom of the inside shirt (as attached picture) & give us the style no.?
We will check the stock & willing to dispatch you the new one.

We look forward to receiving your comment & deeply apologized for this matter again.

Sincerely yours,

Worada Wongkhan
Assistant Brand Manager & Buyer
French Connection (FCUK) - Thailand