Pages

Monday, July 19, 2010

Passion Card: "Why so slow?"

Anne Holloway gets impatient waiting for her Passion Card. She wrote to me:

When I applied for my Passion Card on 30th June 2010 I had little inkling how slowly time seems to pass when one is waiting.

This despite smart friends telling me that time passes more quickly as you get older!

Today marks the 20th day since my application was accepted and yet it feels like a life time!

My life and shopping for groceries has not stopped, but every time I check out and am asked, "do you have a Passion Card", I feel a surge of grief as if I have just been orphaned and cast adrift.

Just think of how many points I have left at the checkouts? As a 'kiasu' Singaporean born and bred you don't know what it is doing to my psyche.

I tried searching for a Guinness Book of World Records for the longest time taken to issue a membership or credit card and I couldn't find any.

Maybe I should write to them to start this category?"

2 comments:

AWH said...

FINALLY, after much pestering the cards arrived. Could be better but 27 days is better than 8 weeks - I wonder how long it would take for a personalized OCTOPUS in Hong Kong?

Anonymous said...

I should have chased earlier. I patiently waited for 2 months, then 3, then 4 months down the road and I still have not received my card! Just wrote in today to complain.